NRI Fixed Deposit
Enjoy attractive high returns with maximum liquidity on your Deutsche Bank Fixed Deposit. Now you can earn a cumulative yield* of 10.09% (simple interest rate of 8.25%) on a 5 year deposit. (*Cumulative yield is calculated till the end of the tenure.)
- Open NRE and NRO Fixed Deposits
- Tenure options of up to 5 years
- Facility to open account online in 4 simple steps
Indian Rupee Fixed Deposits
Non Residents can choose from two types of Indian Rupee Fixed Deposits:
NRE Fixed Deposits
- Can be opened jointly with Non Resident Indians and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Principal along with interest are completely repatriable
- Interest income on balances of the NRE Fixed Deposit is exempt from income tax
- Tenor ranges from 1 to 5 years
- The deposit is automatically renewed on maturity in the absence of any other instruction
Click here for NRE Rupee Fixed Deposit Rates
NRO Fixed Deposits
- Can be opened jointly with Resident Indians. Your family in India can be joint account holders.
- An ideal investment option for savings and income arising out of India.
- Tenor ranges from 7 days to 5 years.
- Interest on the deposit is credited every three months or at the time of maturity
Click here for NRO Fixed Deposit Rates
Book FD Online
Now you can open your Fixed Deposit Account at your convenience through db OnlineBanking.
Types of Fixed Deposits that can be booked online:
- Regular Fixed Deposit for resident / non-resident ordinary (NRO) accounts.
- Regular Fixed Deposit for non-resident external (NRE) accounts.
Book your FD online in 2 minutes and 4 simple steps:
- Log on to db OnlineBanking or visit Deutsche Bank home page.
- Choose 'Book FD' online option.
- Specify Amount, Tenure and Interest Payout Frequency.
• For booking deposits online, the Initial minimum fixed deposit is INR 20,000 and maximum is INR 99.99 lakhs.
• Contact your branch for booking deposits of higher amounts.
• Payout frequency can be - Monthly, Quarterly or at Maturity for NRO Deposits and Quarterly or at Maturity for
- Enter Your Transaction Password and Confirm.
Your FD will be displayed in your account from the next working day. Your fixed deposit advice can be viewed and downloaded at a later stage from the service request query menu within online banking.
|Photocopy of the relevant pages of applicants’ current passport where his/ her name, address, date of birth, date & place of issue, expiry date, photograph, signature & stamp regarding stay outside India appear.||✓||✓|
|Photocopy of valid work permit / employment visa. If the visa has expired, the applicant may submit duly acknowledged petitions made to the visa authorities for renewal of visa.||✓||✓|
A copy of at least one of the following for overseas proof (for all applicants):
A copy of at least one of the following for local address proof (for all applicants):
|Overseas / Indian Bank Statement Copy of PIO card or Copy of past Indian passport of self / parent / grand-parent along with a self -declaration about Indian origin||✓|
* In case you are sending the Customer Information Form and Account Opening Forms directly to any Deutsche Bank AG, India branches in India by post / courier then photocopies of the documents & your signatures on the form(s) should be attested by one of the following: Banker / Indian Embassy / Notary (or equivalent of notary as per applicable law in the country of residence).
Please carry your original documents for verification by bank officials, if you are visiting a Deutsche Bank AG, India branch to open an account.
Conditions apply. Facility available to residents of select countries only.
Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement
Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) is an Agreement entered by India with various countries. Under the current DTAA provisions, NRI customers will be entitled to lower withholding tax (TDS) subject to fulfillment of certain conditions.
With the DTAA benefit, you can now enjoy the benefit of concessional rate of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) on the interest of your NRO Account or Fixed Deposit, providing you a higher yield as compared to the regular NRO Account or Fixed Deposit.
You can visit the nearest Deutsche Bank branch and submit the following documents to avail of this facility.
- Tax Residency Certificate (TRC) for the period covering interest payable and confirming the ‘tax residency’ of the payee.
- Duly filled declaration advising the tax residency of the account holder.
- PAN Card copy for all applicants.
- Self attested copy of passport & visa.
Click here for format of declaration.
- The declaration should have details of all accounts where you are the primary applicant (NRO Savings Account & NRO Fixed deposits).
- To avail of the facility for one complete financial year, you will have to provide the documents by March 15 of the previous year (Customers who have availed of the facility for one financial year will have to provide the documents again to avail of it in the next financial year as well).
- If you do not submit your documents before 31st March, the DTAA benefit will not be applicable on the accounts for the next financial year (till such time that you submit the documents) and the tax rate will revert to the standard rate from 1st April.
- If you provide the documents on any date during the financial year, the reduced tax rate will be applicable from that date.
- Tax once deducted at 30% and remitted to tax authorities will in not be refunded on submitting documents subsequently.
* This service is not available to citizens/ residents of USA, Canada and any other country/ jurisdiction which prohibits or restricts in any other manner, the sale and solicitation of Indian securities and any other financial products/ services.
Deutsche Bank AG, Mumbai Branch (“Bank”) of Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft, a corporation duly organized and existing under the laws of Federal Republic of Germany is regulated in India by Reserve Bank of India. It offers NRI Accounts and related services under the Reserve Bank of India program for Non-Resident Indians and are governed by the rules in effect from time to time relating to such programs, are subject to the sovereign risk arising from, and governed by the laws of, or any changes to the laws of India. NR deposits with the Bank in India are not insured by any other insurance company or corporation outside India and are payable only at the branch of the Bank in India where the deposit is made. The insurance available is up to a maximum of One Lakh provided by India's Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation. The information provided herein is not directed or intended to be used by any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of or located in any locality, state, country or other jurisdiction, where such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to law, regulation within such jurisdiction or would subject the Bank or its affiliates to any licensing or registration requirements.