Model of Conduct
Model Code of Conduct for the DSAS / DSTs is a non – statutory code issued by Indian Bank’s Association, a voluntary association of Banks in India for adoption and implementation by DSAS/DSTs while operating as Agents of Bank’s and Financial Institutions.
Upon adoption and inclusion as part of agreement between Deutsche Bank and the DSA / DST, this code will apply to all persons involved in marketing and distribution of any loan or other financial product of the Deutsche Bank.
The DSA / DST and its Tele Marketing Executives (TMEs) & Field sales personnel (FSE), must agree to abide by this code prior to under taking any direct marketing operation on behalf of the bank.
Any TME / FSE found to be violating this code may be blacklisted and such action taken be reported to the bank from time to time by the DSA / DST.
Failure to comply with this requirement may result in permanent termination of business of the DSA/DST with Deutsche Bank and may even lead to permanent blacklisting by the industry.
A declaration to be obtained from TME and FSE by the DSAs / DSTs before assigning them their duties is annexed to this Code.
Tele-calling a Prospect
A prospect is to be contacted for sourcing a bank product or bank related product only under the following circumstances:
When prospect has expressed a desire to acquire a product through the bank’s internet site / call centre / branch or through the Relationship Manager at the Bank or has been referred to by another prospect / customer or is an existing customer of the bank who has given consent for accepting call on other products of the bank.
When the prospect’s name / telephone no / address is available & has been taken from one of the lists / directories / databases approved by the DSA Manager / Team leader, after taking his / her consent.
The TME should not call a person whose name / number is flagged in any “do not disturb” list made available to him/her.
When you may contact a prospect on telephone
Telephonic contact must normally be limited between 09.30 hrs and 17:00 hrs. However, it may be ensured that a prospect is contacted only when the call is not expected to be inconvenient to him / her. Calls earlier or later than the prescribed time period may be placed only under the following conditions: When the prospect has expressly authorized TME / FSE to do so either in writing or orally.
Can the prospect’s interest be discussed with anybody else?
DSA / DST should respect a prospect’s privacy. The prospect’s interest may normally be discussed only with the prospect and any other individual / family such as prospect’s accountant / secretary / spouse, authorized by the prospect.
Leaving messages and contacting persons other than the prospect
Calls must first be placed to the prospect.
In the event the prospect is not available, a message may be left for him / her, the aim of the message should be to get the prospect to return the call or to check for a convenient time to call again. Ordinarily, such message may be restricted to prospect’s accountant / secretary / spouse, authorized by the prospect.
As a general rule, the message must indicate:
That the purpose of the call is regarding selling or distributing a bank product of Deutsche Bank.
No misleading statements / mis-representations permitted
TME / FSE should not:
Mislead the prospect on any service / product offered
Mislead the prospect about their business or organization’s name, or falsely represent themselves as banks’ employees.
Make any false / unauthorized commitment on behalf of Deutsche Bank for any facility / service.
No calls prior to 9:30 hrs or post 19:00 hrs unless specifically requested.
No serial dialling
No calling on lists unless list is cleared by team leader
No taking / procuring of numbers from the “do not call” register
Must Do’s while making A call
1. Identify yourself, your company and your principal
2. Request permission to proceed
3. If denied permission, apologize and politely disconnect
4. State reason for your call
5. Always offer to call back on landline, if call is made to a cell number
6. Never interrupt or argue
7. To the extent possible, talk in the language which is most comfortable to the prospect
8. Keep the conversation limited to business matters
9. Check for under standing of “Most Important Terms and Conditions” by the customer if he plans to buy the product
10. Reconfirm next call or next visit details
11. Provide you telephone no, your supervisor’s name or your bank officer contact details if asked for by the customer
12. Thank the customer for his / her time
Must do post a call
1. Customers who have expressed their lack of interest for the offering should not be called for the next 3 months with the same offer.
2. Provide feedback to the bank on customers who have expressed their desire to be flagged “Do Not disturb”
3. Never call or entertain calls from customers regarding products already sold.
4. Advise them to contact the Customer Service Staff of the bank.
Gifts or Bribes
TME / FSE must not accept gifts from prospects or bribes of any kind.
Any TME / FSE offered a bribe or payment of any kind by a customer must report the offer to his / her management.
10. Precautions to be taken on visits / contacts (Top...)
1. Respect personal space – maintain adequate distance from the prospect
2. Not enter the prospect’s residence / office against his / her wishes
3. Not visit in large numbers-i.e. not more than one FSE and one supervisor, if required.
4. Respect the prospect’s privacy.
5. If the prospect is not present and only family members / office persons are present at the time of the visit, he/ she should end the visit with a request for the prospect to call back.
6. Provide his / her telephone number, supervisor’s name or the concerned bank officer’s contact details, if asked for by the customer.
7. Limit discussions with the prospect to the business – Maintain a professional distance.
Other important aspects – Appearance & Dress Code
FSE’s must be appropriately dressed –
For men this means:-
Well ironed trousers
Well-ironed shirt, shirt sleeves preferably buttoned down
For women this means:-
Well ironed formal attire (Sari, Suit etc. )
Well groomed appearance
Jeans and / or T Shirt, open sandals are not considered appropriate.
Handling of letters & other communication
Any communication sent to the prospect should be only in the mode and format approved by the Bank.
Use of Databases for marketing
DSAs must ensure that databases used for marketing are procured legitimately.
Sourcing of credit card or retail asset applications should only be done through employees of the DSA. Use of any sub-sourcer / outside parties is prohibited as per the terms of agreement with the bank.