Navigator Forex Card
Frequently asked questions
How does the Navigator Forex Card work?
What currencies can be loaded on Navigator Forex Card?
What are the minimum and maximum amounts I can load on the Navigator Forex Card?
Do I need to have an Deutsche Bank account to purchase Navigator Forex Card?
You don't need an account relationship with Deutsche Bank to purchase a Navigator Forex Card. You can provide self account cheque from your other bank account for loading onto the card. But, you will need to complete the KYC requirement before purchase of the card.
If you have Deutsche Bank account, you can purchase the card over the counter after providing relevant travel documents.
Can I have more than two cards?
Can I apply for Navigator Forex Card if I already hold Axis Bank Travel Card?
What are the foreign exchange rates charged at the time of purchase?
Is a temporary block facility available on the card?
If I am traveling to two different countries in one trip, can I get two different currencies loaded on the same card?
Can I use the card in India, Nepal or Bhutan?
Can I retain the foreign exchange on my Navigator Forex Card after returning to India?
What if I forget the ATM PIN of my Navigator Forex Card?
The card gets blocked for use at ATMs, if the card has been used with the wrong ATM PIN more than 3 times. This is for your own security and to prevent any fraudulent use on the card.
If you have forgotten the ATM PIN, you can request for regeneration of the PIN with Axis 24-hour Phone Banking team. You will receive new ATM PIN at your registered email id within 24 hours.
How do I withdraw cash from an ATM using the Navigator Forex Card?
You can use your Navigator Forex Card at any Visa ATM Internationally.
Generally, the options available at the ATM for cash withdrawal are Checking, Credit and Savings. You should choose the Checking / Current option. In case the Checking / Current option is not available, you should select the Credit option. The Savings option does not link to the VISA network and hence the transaction would not be successful.
What documents are needed during purchase / reload?
What is the current 'Schedule of Charges'?
When can I start using the card?
How can I confirm if my card has been loaded / reloaded?
Is there a daily transaction limit for ATM withdrawal or purchase at a merchant establishment?
What is Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS) provided to customers?
This is a priced service provided by VISA. Navigator Forex Cardholders can receive assistance from VISA Global Customer Assistance Service 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. GCAS can be used for lost / stolen card reporting, emergency cash assistance, emergency card replacement or miscellaneous information that you may require overseas.
Please note that these services are charged as follows:
- Miscellaneous Customer Service Inquiries: USD 5 per enquiry.
- Lost / Stolen Card reporting: USD 35 per card.
- Emergency Card Replacement (upto USD 2000): USD 25.
- Emergency Cash Assistance: USD 175 (upto USD 5000); Additional handling charges: USD 25 on disbursement.
Click here for Visa toll free numbers.
What are the exchange rates applicable when I use my Card for transactions (Cash withdrawal at ATMs and point of sale transactions at Merchant Outlets)?
Whom should I contact, in case I have any dispute on a transaction?
Please tell me more about Insurance Cover.
Insurance Cover: Complimentary insurance cover to safe guard you from any fraudulent usage on your Navigator Forex Card due to lost / stolen / counterfeit cards. The insurance cover is provided upto INR 1,50,000.
ATM assault and robbery: We provide cover upto INR 60,000 including the expense incurred towards medical treatment. Please note FIR is mandatory for ATM assault and robbery claim.
Period of coverage:
- For Lost Card
• Pre-reporting - 38 days
• Post-reporting - 3 days
- For Counterfeit / Skimmed card
• Pre-reporting - 38 days
• Post-reporting - 3 days
Please call Axis 24-hour Phone Banking +91-40-67174100, officer would assist you with the claim process.
Please note: Claim documents should be sent to insurance company within 50 days from the date of intimation to Bank.
Is remote reloading possible on the card?
How can I get a refund of unspent balances?
What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?
Is there any other way in which I can keep a track of my balance and the latest transactions?
The user id is your 16 digit card number. The password is enclosed in the welcome kit in a sealed envelope for security reasons. Click here to login to your card online.
What should I do if I lose my Navigator Forex Card / ATM PIN or online card access password?
What is Dynamic Currency Conversion?
In certain countries, the acquiring banks may choose to activate the feature of Dynamic Currency Conversion on their ATMs and POS machine network. As per this facility, the ATM / POS machine identifies the Navigator Forex Card as a card issued from a foreign country and prompts the customer to transact in their home currency (in case of Indians, this would be Indian Rupees). If a customer selects the home currency / INR option, additional cross-currency charges are levied by the acquiring bank (the bank that runs the ATM / POS machine).
We urge you to note that as the Navigator Forex Card is purchased and loaded with the purpose of using the card in the respective foreign currency, the customer must avoid selecting any option that prompts for a change in usage currency to avoid any adverse exchange rate.
The Dynamic Currency Conversion feature may appear with differing terminology depending on the overseas bank.
Deutsche Bank / Axis Bank is not responsible for any Dynamic Currency Conversion related charges and will not be able to refund any such charges in case they are levied on account of wrong usage of card.
Can I know more about pre-authorizations taken at Hotels / Car Rentals / Cruise liners and what needs to be done in such cases?
- You can use the card to pay your hotel bills at the time of check-out. However, please avoid using your card for checking-in (pre-authorization) at hotels. If you choose to use your card at the time of check in, the funds on your card will be blocked till such time that the bills is finally settled. To prevent blocking of funds please make sure that all the test swipes are cancelled.
- If you have already settled your bill through other mode, please request the hotel to send a scanned copy of the Authorization Cancellation letter on the letterhead of the hotels settlement bank or on the hotels letterhead to us via email. Further, the hotel should state that you have settled this bill through some other mode and they don't need the authorization taken any more.
- If you have already checked out from the hotel and unable to provide the letter, you may provide us with the copy of the final paid bill which contains the check-in and check-out dates and mode of payment.
- If the hotel claims that the transaction was declined at their end then you should request the hotel to send us scanned copy of the letter through email stating that you have settled this bill through some other mode and they will not be raising any claims against your card from us.