Platinum Debit Card
Frequently asked questions
Where can the debit card be used?
The debit card can be used at the following locations:
|Locations in India||Number of locations||Available transactions|
|All Deutsche Bank ATMs||For all ATM transaction
- Cash Withdrawal
- Balance Enquiry
- Fast Cash
- Mini Statement (last 10 transactions)
- PIN Change
- Funds Transfer
- Cash / Cheque Deposit
- Statement Request
- Cheque book Request
|All VISA/PLUS ATMs||Over 27,000||For balance enquiry and cash withdrawals|
|Merchant Establishments||Over 3,50,000||For purchases|
|International Locations||Number of locations||Available transactions|
|All Deutsche Bank ATMs||For all ATM transactions|
|Global ATM Alliance*||Over 30,000||For balance enquiry and cash withdrawals|
|All VISA/PLUS ATMs||More than 1 million||For balance enquiry and cash withdrawals|
|Merchant Establishments||Over 27 million||For purchases|
* Global ATM Alliance:
- Deutsche Bank ATMs worldwide
- Bank of America in USA
- Nova Scotia Bank in Canada, Chilie, Mexico and Caribbean Islands
- BNP Paribas in France
- Barclay’s Bank in UK and Africa
- Westpac in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific
How can the card be used at a Merchant Establishment?
To use your Debit Card at a Merchant Establishment:
Step 1: Look for the Visa, Visa Electron signs while shopping, dining or while on holiday.
Step 2: Buy whatever you want
Step 3: Make sure the cashier swipes the Card on the Electronic Terminal.
Step 4: Sign on the charge slip only after confirming the amount and details on the slip.
What are the charges for using the Platinum Debit Card?
- There is no charge if the debit card is used at a Deutsche Bank ATM.
- There is no charge if the debit card is used at a retail outlet for purchases. However, for use at petrol pumps and railway stations, a surcharge of 2.5% of the purchase value shall be applicable as per industry standards. The surcharge of 2.5% on fuel purchases is waived for privileged Deutsche Bank Platinum Debit Cardholders***. There is no charge if the debit card is used at a retail outlet for purchases. However, for use at petrol pumps and railway stations, a surcharge of 2.5% of the purchase value shall be applicable as per industry standards. The surcharge of 2.5% on fuel purchases is waived for privileged Deutsche Bank Platinum Debit Cardholders***.
- For transactions at VISA/PLUS ATMs, the following charges apply:
|Transaction||Domestic Transaction||International Transaction|
|Balance Enquiry||Nil||Rs. 35|
|Cash Withdrawal*||Rs. 20||Rs. 115**|
* These transactions will be free for Advantage Banking Customers. For others, the number of free transactions depend on your relationship with Deutsche Bank.
** Please note that these charges are not applicable for transactions at the ATMs of Global Alliance partners. You can access your account FREE of cost at these ATMs.
*** Petrol surcharge waiver is applicable only on Deutsche Bank Platinum Debit Cards.
- The maximum petrol surcharge waiver per Deutsche Bank Platinum Debit Card in a calendar month will be restricted to Rs. 250.
- In case customer has crossed the threshold of Rs. 250 in a calendar month, his / her account will be debited for the differential amount in the same month or in the subsequent month at the discretion of Deutsche Bank. In case sufficient balance is not available in the account to absorb the debit, in addition to exercise of other rights of Deutsche Bank, a lien will be marked in the customer's account and the debit will be posted as and when balance is available.
What are the annual fees for the Platinum Debit Card?
How many accounts can I link to my debit card?
What is the validity period of the debit card?
What are the daily limits on the debit card?
Deutsche Bank gives you the flexibility to decide the daily limit you want for transactions at ATMs and merchant establishments.
You have a choice of five different daily limits (Rs. 25,000, Rs. 50,000, Rs. 1,00,000 and Rs. 1,50,000) from which you can select your preferred option at the time of opening your account.
Note: These limits are subject to availability of funds in the linked accounts and general terms and conditions for use of debit cards apply.
What should I do if I lose my debit card?
If you want to report the loss or theft of your debit card, please call our Phone Banking team at 1860 266 6601#
This number is the same across all cities in India. The Phone Banking number will be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The debit card will be deactivated as soon as you inform the Call Centre. This would prevent any misuse of the debit card.
#Customers outside India need to dial +91 22 6601 6601. Customers in Mumbai can also call at 6601 6601. Call charges apply.