dbAlerts - Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
- "Customer" means the person who holds any account relationship with the Bank.
- "dbAlerts" means the customized messages in response to the Triggers sent as short messaging service ("sms") to the customer over his mobile phone and/or through e-mail, or in such other mode as offered by the Bank from time to time.
- "db OnlineBanking" refers to the post login banking service provided by the Bank through its website www.deutschebank.co.in or any other website that may be operated by the Bank.
- "MSP" means the Mobile Service Provider with whom the Bank has an arrangement for providing the dbAlert facility, which shall be selected by the Bank as per its operational convenience.
- "Operational Alerts" refer to those alerts which are deemed as general information by the Bank and would be sent to the customer by default.
- "Optional Alerts" refer to those alerts which the Customer can choose to receive.
- "Triggers" means the customized condition to be placed on the Customer's account by the Bank (with or without customer inputs) with respect to specific event/transactions relating to the Customer's account to enable the Bank to send the corresponding dbAlerts to the Customer.
- The dbAlerts facility is made available to the Customer at the sole discretion of the Bank and may be discontinued or modified by the Bank at any time, without prior notice.
- dbAlerts Facility is provided on a best effort basis by the Bank. The actual receipt of the messages is dependent on infrastructure, connectivity and services provided by third party service providers like MSP, internet service providers, email and cellular service providers. The Customer accepts that timeliness, accuracy and readability of Alerts sent by the Bank will depend on factors affecting the MSP and other service providers. The Bank does not guarantee or take any responsibility for the successful actual receipt of the any Operational Alert or Optional Alert by the Customer. The Bank shall not be liable for non-delivery or delayed delivery of messages, error, loss or distortion in transmission of messages to the Customer.
- Operational Alerts would be sent to the customer by default, provided a valid mobile number / email address is available in the records of the Bank.
- To receive Optional Alerts, the Customer shall have to select and set all or any of the Optional Alert Triggers available through db OnlineBanking. These options can be modified by the Customers as frequently as they wish to. In future, the Bank may allow customers to set the Optional Alert Triggers through other means including phone banking, sms or by conventional written instructions to the Bank.
- The Customer is responsible to acquaint himself with the detailed process for using dbAlerts and the Bank is not responsible for any error by the Customer in setting the Optional Alert Triggers.
- The Customer acknowledges that dbAlerts will be implemented in a phased manner and the Bank may at a later stage, as and when feasible, expand the list of available Triggers or Alerts to meet Customer requirements. The Bank may, from time to time, change the features of any Trigger or Alert. These changes will be communicated to the Customer through the usual channels used for regular communication.
Receipt of Alerts
- To receive dbAlerts messages, the Customer acknowledges that his phone number must be active and accessible and his email id should be valid and active. If the Customer's mobile phone remains inaccessible for a continuous period (varies as per processes of relevant service providers) from the time a message is sent by the Bank, that particular message may not be received by the Customer. While the Bank will strive to deliver email messages to the Customer's specified email address, delivery of emails may not happen if the email address is invalid or the Customer's email service provider blocks mails originating from the Bank.
- Triggers will be processed by the Bank after receipt and the processing time will be decided by the Bank, in its discretion. The Customer acknowledges that there will be a certain time lag taken by the Bank to process the Triggers and send the messages.
- The Bank shall endeavour to provide the dbAlerts facility on a best effort basis and the Customer shall not hold the Bank liable for non-availability of the dbAlerts facility or non-performance by any MSP or other service providers or any loss or damage caused to the Customer as a result of use of the dbAlerts facility (including relying on the messages for the Customer's investment or business purposes).
Security & Confidentiality of Information sent through dbAlerts
- The Customer is responsible for informing the Bank of (i) any change in his phone number or email address or account details. The Bank will not be liable for sending messages over the Customer's mobile phone number/email address recorded with the Bank. Until the Bank has received updated information from the Customer and incorporated the changes in its record (as per the standard lead time taken by the Bank to update these details), the Customer shall, in all circumstances be fully responsible for any Operational Alerts or Optional Alert sent by the Bank. The Customer accepts that the Bank is not at all, in any circumstances obliged to, and accordingly will not, verify, under any circumstances whatsoever, whether the messages are being received by the Customer or not. The Bank will not be liable for any misuse, interception, tampering with, and/or unauthorized access to the messages sent.
- Each message may contain certain account information relating to the Customer. The Customer authorises the Bank to send account related information and information relating to the operations/products/other information of the Bank and/or its related entities/group companies/affiliates, though not specifically requested for by the Customer, if the Bank deems the same to be relevant.
Withdrawal and Termination
- The Bank may, in its discretion, modify, withdraw any or all Triggers and messages, either wholly or in part, at any time. The Bank may, without prior notice, suspend the dbAlerts facility at any time for maintenance work or repair to its systems or in case of any emergency or for security reasons, which require the suspension of the dbAlerts facility.
- dbAlerts Facility is being made available by the Bank to the Customer free of charge until further notice. The Bank may at its sole discretion introduce a fee/ charge the Customer for the dbAlerts facility in future. The Bank will introduce these charges after duly notifying the Customers through available communication channels. At that point in time, the Customer may discontinue or unsubscribe from the dbAlerts facility except for those alerts mandated by RBI or any other law in force.
- The Customer shall be liable for payment of airtime or other charges, which may be levied by MSP or any other service provider in connection with the receiving of the dbAlerts, as per the terms and conditions of the MSP or other service provider, and the Bank shall not be responsible for the same.
- All information /instructions /Triggers will be transmitted to and /or stored at various locations and be accessed by personnel of the Bank (and its affiliates, agents or representatives). The Bank is authorised to provide any information or details relating to the Customer or his account to the MSP or any service providers so far as is necessary to give effect to any instructions/Triggers.
Liability and Indemnity
- The Customer shall not interfere with or misuse in any manner whatsoever the dbAlerts facility and in the event of any damage due to improper or fraudulent use by the Customer, the Customer shall be liable for damages to the Bank. In consideration of the Bank providing the dbAlerts facility, the Customer agrees to indemnify and keep the Bank harmless and indemnified from and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, loss, damages, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever which the Bank may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out of acting in good faith or omitting or refusing to act on any instructions given by the Customer in relation to use of the dbAlerts facility. The customer shall indemnify the Bank for unauthorised access by any other person to any information/instructions/Triggers given by the Customer.
- The Bank may amend the above terms and conditions, at any time with prior notice to the Customer, and such amended terms and conditions will thereupon apply to and be binding on the Customer