Demat Account offers you easy ways to keep track of your shares and investments that you have traded in over a period of time.
- Nominal account maintenance charges.
- Option to open a Demat Account with NSDL and CDSL.
- Personalised delivery instruction booklet.
- Paperless trading to prevent mutilation, loss and misplacement of certificates, thereby eliminating the problems of bad delivery.
- Safety of your securities.
- No stamp duty on transfer of securities.
- Faster settlements of buy or sell orders, direct credit or allotment from public / rights / bonus issues.
- Multi-branch facility for operating your Demat Account.
- Periodic statements of holdings and transactions.
Apply for Demat Account
SMS DMAT to 561615
#Customers outside India need to dial +91 22 6601 6601.
Customers in Mumbai can also call at +91 22 6601 6601. Call charges apply.
Click here to register a complaint related to Demat Account. Filing complaints on SCORES - Easy & quick
- Register on SCORES portal
- Mandatory details for filing complaints on SCORES: Name, PAN, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID
- Effective communication
- Speedy redressal of the grievances
Click here to get registered on SMARTODR (Common Online Dispute Resolution Portal) ,This Platform designed to enhance investor grievance redressal by enabling investors to access Online Dispute Resolution Institutions for the resolution of their complaints.
No need to issue cheques by investors while subscribing to IPO. Just write the bank account number and sign in the application form to authorise your bank to make payment in case of allotment. No worries for refund as the money remains in investor's account.
Prevent Unauthorized Transactions in your demat account. Update your Mobile Number with your Depository Participant. Receive alerts on your Registered Mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from NSDL / CDSL on the same day. Issued in the interest of investors.
KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets - once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
Please submit copy of Aadhaar Card to the nearest DP servicing branch duly signed by the authorized holder(s) with a request on a plain paper, mentioning DP ID and Client ID (Demat account number), to link your Demat account with Aadhaar Number. Happy to serve you.
As part of Go-Green initiative, kindly update email ids, mobile numbers, bank account details in your demat account so as to receive all communication / dividend, interest, redemption payment electronically with SMS alerts.