UPI is a secure platform for payments. But with a rise in financial fraud, it is important to be more vigilant than ever before.
Exercise caution with UPI Safety Shield tips to protect your money.
- Do not reveal your log in ID, password or other sensitive information to anyone
- Verify the person's UPI ID before you make any payments
- Enter your UPI PIN only on the UPI PIN page and never share it with anyone
- To receive money, you do not need to enter your UPI PIN/ password or scan a QR code. If you are asked to enter such information, it means that the money will be deducted
- Do not forget to verify the debited amount on your SMS
- Use UPI help section in the UPI app itself for transaction related concerns