Enjoy the convenience of cashless shopping with Deutsche Bank International Gold Debit Card and earn gold rewards on your purchase.
Features of Gold Debit Card
Your Debit Card is an EMV Chip Card (Europay, Mastercard and Visa, a global standard for inter-operation of integrated circuit cards) offering greater security when you transact. The microchip on the face of this card stores customer data in a secured manner, making it extremely difficult to copy. This advanced technology is more effective in preventing your card from being copied to produce counterfeit cards.
For better acceptability across merchants, the EMV Debit Cards will also contain a magnetic strip on the reverse of the card to ensure swipe transactions. However, we recommend that you use your EMV Chip Card only at merchant terminals with chip capability to avoid skimming frauds.
Personal accident cover
Most banks cover you for fraudulent transactions that have been carried out on your card only after you report the loss to the Bank.
At Deutsche Bank AG, India (“Bank”), we understand that often you may not realize that your card is lost until you notice unauthorized transactions in your bank account. Which is why, we cover all the fraudulent transactions that may take place on your card for 30 days prior to reporting and 7 days post reporting the loss to the Bank.
You need to report the loss of your Deutsche Bank International Debit Card to Deutsche Bank by calling our 24/7 phone banking team on 1860 266 6660# in your city or visit your nearest branch counter immediately on such loss. Deutsche Bank will deactivate the card immediately to prevent misuse.
In case of misuse, you also need to send the following documents to us:
- FIR duly acknowledged by a police officer
- Letter giving details of the loss or disputed transactions
- Copy of Bank account statement highlighting the disputed transactions
- Duly filled in claim dispute form (available at any Deutsche Bank branches)
The liability per card shall be restricted to the maximum of Rs. 2.5 lakhs and you will be covered for all losses up to a maximum of 30 days prior to reporting the loss. On receipt of communication from you regarding your lost or stolen debit card along with the requisite documents, Deutsche Bank is authorised to conduct its own investigation in respect of such lost or stolen card. If such investigation reveals any direct or indirect involvement of the cardholder or cardholder's relatives or employees or colluding third parties, Deutsche Bank is authorised to take appropriate action against the cardholder in addition to refusing to give benefit of Total Protection to the cardholder. The findings of the Bank’s investigation shall be final and binding on the cardholder. Total Protection is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable insurance policy.
The cardholder will get the benefit of this policy only if:
- The card account is in good standing
- There are not more than 2 unauthorised transactions on the debit card of the cardholder during the last 12 months, prior to reporting the loss of the debit card.
- The cardholder proves that he was not negligent in safeguarding the debit card and the claim is not fraudulent.
Acceptance of ATMS in India and Abroad
Free Acceptance at ATMs in India
Your Deutsche Bank International Gold and Classic Debit Card gives you acceptance* at 58,000 Visa ATMs, over 15,000 Cashnet ATMs and 1,00,000 NFS ATMs in India. You are eligible for maximum five## of free transactions in a month at all Non Deutsche Bank VISA ATM in the country.
Free Acceptance* at ATMs Abroad
Global ATM Alliance for the International Traveler:
Normally when you use your Debit Card abroad you have to pay an ATM access fee and a machine level surcharge**.
Our Global ATM Alliance with leading international banks enables us to offer free ATM transactions abroad. As part of this alliance, you will not have to pay any cash withdrawal fees at over 30,000 ATMs of the following banks in
- Deutsche Bank ATMs worldwide
- Bank of America in USA
- Scotia Bank in Canada, Chile, Mexico and Caribbean Islands
- BNP Paribas in France
- Barclays Bank in UK and Africa
- WestPac in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific
Verified By Visa
Deutsche Bank Debit Card can be used only on Verified by Visa (VbV) websites for online purchases. VbV is protocol by Visa that lets you shop online securely with your Deutsche Bank Debit Card. VbV confirms your identity through a simple check process when you make online purchases with the Deutsche Bank Debit Card.
All your online Deutsche Bank Debit Card transactions will be verified using One-time password (OTP) which will be sent to your mobile number registered with the bank. Your OTP will be valid for 5 minutes.
Earn 0.5 express rewards* for every Rs. 100 you spent on your Deutsche Bank Gold Debit Card.
Earn upto 250 express rewards in a calendar month. You can redeem them for a credit to your account by calling our 24-hour phone banking on 18602666660#. You need to accumulate a minimum of 400 points before redemption.
*Click here to know more about Express Rewards.
#Customers outside India need to dial +91 22 6601 6660. Customers in Mumbai can also call at 6601 6660. Call charges apply.
Petrol Surcharge Waiver
Your Deutsche Bank International Gold Debit Card comes to you at a joining fee of Rs. 500 only*. Please contact your nearest Deutsche Bank AG, India branch for further details.
*Annual charges may apply.
**Service tax applicable.
You can apply for a Deutsche Bank International Gold Debit Card if you meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age
- Either of the following relationship with Deutsche Bank:
• Savings Account
• Current Account (sole proprietorship, partnership)
• Corporate Payroll Account
• NRE Account
The operating instructions of the account with Deutsche Bank should be 'single' or 'either' or 'survivor'.
Apply for Gold Debit Card
SMS SAVE to 561615
#Customers outside India need to dial +91 22 6601 6601. Customers in Mumbai can also call at +91 22 6601 6601. Call charges apply.
** Please note:
• The maximum petrol surcharge waiver per Deutsche Bank Gold Debit Cards in a calendar month will be restricted to Rs. 150.
• In case customer has crossed the threshold of Rs. 150 in a calendar month, his / her account will be debited for the differential amount in the same month or in the subsequent month at the discretion of Deutsche Bank. In case sufficient balance is not available in the account to absorb the debit, in addition to exercise of other rights of Deutsche Bank, a lien will be marked in the customer's account and the debit will be posted as and when balance is available.
*These limits are subject to availability of funds in the linked accounts and general terms and conditions for use of Debit Cards apply.
**Conditions apply. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the applicable insurance policy for further details.
***Machine level surcharge: Some banks levy a surcharge for use of the ATM abroad which is over and above the ATM access fee.
#Customers outside India need to dial +91 22 6601 6601. Customers in Mumbai can also call at 6601 6601. Call charges apply.
##The number of free transactions can be more depending on your relationship with Deutsche Bank.