KYC and FATCA / CRS Declarations
- online by accessing the website of respective Registrar & Transfer Agent (R&TA) / Fund House (links given below)
- by submitting the hardcopies of the FATCA / CRS declaration to the respective MF Registrar / Fund Houses (links given below):
As per the new AMFI Best Practices Guidelines Circular No. 62 / 2015-16 dated September 18, 2015, investors in mutual funds are required to submit Supplementary KYC and FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) / CRS (Common Reporting Standard) declarations to the respective Mutual Fund registrars / fund houses.
Accordingly, the investors will now be required to submit the following information:
- Additional KYC information - includes the information on Income slab, Occupation, Net Worth and PEP (Politically Exposed Person), etc.
- FATCA / CRS declaration - includes the information on country of tax residency if other than India and tax payers identification number and other declaration.
- Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO) - for Non Individual clients only
No further investments would be permitted effective 1st January 2016, unless the above FATCA / CRS declaration and additional KYC information is submitted to the Registrar / fund houses