Fraudsters are using apps like AnyDesk to gain remote access of your device and carry out transactions.
Here's how the fraud works:
- Fraudsters convince you to download a remote access app like ‘AnyDesk’
- The app generates a code which the fraudster asks you to share
- The fraudster will then ask you to grant certain ‘app permissions’
- Now the fraudster has access to your device (including OTPs) to make transactions through that app
- This fraud can affect any mobile banking or payment-related apps like UPI, wallets etc.
How to protect yourself:
- Avoid remote access apps like AnyDesk
- Do not share any codes or OTPs with a third-party
- Do not grant third-party apps any extra app permissions even if requested to do so
- Uninstall any such app that you may have downloaded on your mobile phone, immediately
Note: Keep your mobile number and e-mail ID updated with the bank to get transaction alerts and keep track of all your banking transaction.
For more details / queries please write to email@example.com or call phone banking on number on 18602666601#.
#Customers outside India need to dial +91 22 6601 6601. Customers in Mumbai can also call at 6601 6601. Call charges apply.