SMS MF to 561615
An excellent investment option if you’re looking for a professionally managed, diversified portfolio that offers the benefits of liquidity and transparency.
Why invest in Mutual Funds?
Mutual Funds offer a range of unique advantages unmatched by most other investment avenues.
Mutual Funds are managed by qualified and experienced professionals, who have access to company research, analysts, critical and timely market information and methodology to make sound investment decisions. They are best qualified to identify and maximize investment opportunities.
By diversifying your portfolio, Mutual Funds help you reduce the overall investment risk. To achieve a comparable diversification when you invest directly in equities, you would need to invest a huge amount. Mutual funds offer you diversification across asset classes as well as within a specific asset class.
Speedy access to your money:
Investors in open-ended mutual funds can buy and sell units at Net Asset Value (NAV) related prices which are declared on a daily basis on all working days.
Since the minimum amount to be invested in a mutual fund is low, you get access to a diversified portfolio even with a very small amount of money.
Equity Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS) offer tax rebates to investors under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Also, Dividend income from Equity and Equity-oriented Mutual Funds is tax-free in the hands of the investor.
Mutual Funds benefit from economies of scale in brokerage, custodial and other fees translating into lower costs for investors.
Since the fund portfolios are disclosed to investors on a regular basis, Mutual Funds are a transparent investment vehicle.
Regulated for investor protection:
The Mutual Funds sector is regulated to safeguard investor interests.
Choose the right fund
Deutsche Bank AG offers you over 600 mutual funds from 24 Asset Management Companies in India. You should select a fund type that matches your risk appetite and desired returns. We offer you the following options for investment through Mutual Funds:
These funds invest mainly in equity stocks, and as such, carry a higher degree of risk, but also give the best returns over a longer time horizon. You can invest in:
- Diversified Equity Funds, which invest in a basket of companies across sectors.
- Large-cap, Mid-cap and Small-cap Funds, which invest according to the market capitalization of companies.
- Index Funds, which invest in the companies that make up an index like the BSE SENSEX, S&P CNX Nifty etc.
- Sectoral Funds, which invest in specific sectors like pharma or infrastructure.
- Equity Linked Savings Scheme, which offer tax benefits.
- Equity Funds, which invest in derivatives as well as equity, thereby providing you a hedge against volatility and protecting some amount of downside.
These funds seek to provide both growth and regular income, and invest in both equities and fixed income securities in the proportion indicated in their offer documents. You can invest in:
- Balanced Funds - Invest in a combination of equity and debt instruments. Generally they have a higher proportion allocated to equit.
- Monthly Income Plans - Invest in a combination of equity and debt instruments. Generally they have a higher proportion allocated to debt.
These funds seek to provide a steady income to investors and invest in fixed income securities such as bonds, corporate debentures and Government securities. While capital appreciation in such funds is limited, risks are also lower and they are a good option for regular returns combined with stability of your principal invested. You can invest in:
- Short-term funds, suitable for investors with a shorter investment horizon, usually less than a year.
- Long-term debt funds, for long-term investments.
- Floating rate funds, which link returns to the prevailing interest rates.
- Fixed Maturity Plans (FMPs), which have a fixed maturity date similar to fixed deposits. FMPs give indicative but not guaranteed returns.
Money Market Funds
These funds seek to provide easy liquidity, preservation of capital and moderate income. They generally invest in safer short-term instruments such as Treasury Bills, Certificates of Deposit, Commercial Paper and Inter-Bank Call Money. Returns on these schemes fluctuate depending upon the interest rates prevailing in the market. Money Market Funds are ideal for corporate and individual investors as a means to park their surplus funds for short periods.
Fund of Funds
These funds allow you to invest in multiple funds, set on an automatically rebalancing asset allocation strategy. It offers you the gains from investing in several top-performing schemes without the inconveniences of managing the portfolio yourself.
Expertise for optimum decisions
Deutsche Bank helps you maximize your returns from your mutual fund investments by:
Approved Funds List:
We analyze fund performance and other portfolio characteristics to arrive at approved funds list every quarter. This is done on the basis of a comprehensive model which uses completely objective return, risk and other portfolio related parameters.
Sending you timely account updates:
We regularly send investors a consolidated investment holding statement, which provides a detailed summary of your holdings, with updated valuations and your gains / losses.
Small investments today will go a long way in building wealth for tomorrow. Start a new SIP and earn 20 express reward* points.Invest online with db WealthPro
Equity-Linked Saving Scheme (ELSS)
An Equity-Linked Saving Scheme (ELSS) is a great investment option that offers twin benefits of tax saving and capital gains.
It enables you to enjoy tax benefits of up to Rs. 46,350* under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Apart from that, ELSS has certain distinct advantages:
- Compared with all the tax planning schemes available today, ELSS has the shortest lock-in period (3 years) under Section 80C.
- As with an equity fund, ELSS funds invest a large part of the fund in equity. With the Indian economy possessing strong fundamentals and corporate earnings showing strong growth potential, equities as an asset class look set to provide attractive returns.
- Thanks to the 3 year lock-in period, ELSS allows the fund manager to build a portfolio for the long-term without worrying about everyday redemptions. Equity investments have proven to offer the best returns among various asset classes over a long term horizon.
- The profits on the sale of ELSS units are treated as long-term capital gains, and as per current tax laws, these are not subject to tax. Also, as per the current tax laws, there is no dividend distribution tax on equity investments and dividends earned are tax free in the hands of the investor.
*The tax rate applied is 30.9%.
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
Buying when the market is low and selling when the market is at its peak is easier said than done. A simple and powerful option of investing in this fluctuating market scenario is Systematic Investment Plan (SIP).
SIP is a method of investing a fixed sum, regularly in a mutual fund that allows purchase of units in a particular scheme on a given date every month / quarter. It provides benefit of investment without taking a call on when is the ‘right’ time.
Advantages of investing in Mutual Funds through SIP:
- Convenience: Enables you to invest a pre-set amount of money in the scheme of your choice automatically. You can issue post-dated cheques or give standing instructions to Deutsche Bank and your investments will happen on the specified date in the specified scheme every month.
- Less risky: It enables you to capitalise on periodic dips in the stock market and get more units at lower purchase price, thus reducing your average unit cost resulting in higher returns.
- Good savings discipline: It instills a good savings discipline as you are committed to invest a fixed sum regularly. Thus, you start investing before you spend.
- Easy on your pocket: You can decide how much to invest and how often depending on your capability.
- Compounding returns: The longer the period of your investment, the more wealth you accumulate, because of the power of compounding. The amounts invested early and regularly therefore helps in creating a substantial amount of wealth as returns over the years.
Click here for an illustration on how a small investment in SIP is beneficial compared to an one-time big investment.
Start an SIP today with a small amount every month.
Click here to see how a SIP can work to your advantage.
Fixed Income Funds
Fixed Income Funds attempt to generate a steady income while preserving investors’ capital. They invest exclusively in fixed-income securities like Bonds, Debentures, Government of India securities and Select Money Market Instruments. Fixed Income funds generate returns through Interest Income, Marked to Market Capital Gains / Loss.
Benefits of Fixed Income Funds:
- Low Risk of Capital Erosion
- Steady Rate of Return
- Tax efficient investment through mutual funds
- Potential for capital appreciation
- Liquidity better than Fixed Deposits
- No Lock in period
- Open ended
Purchase Mutual Funds Online at Zero Fees
While you can apply online for units of mutual funds you will also continue to receive comprehensive service from your Relationship Manager. Go on, invest and get more out of your wealth for less.
Benefits of purchasing / redeeming mutual funds online:
- Simple and easy: Paperless and hassle-free application process for purchase / redemption of your investments.
- Option to invest both in single and joint holding: You have an option to place order for mutual fund units both in single and joint holding modes. For this, you need to give a one time request form to your Branch / RM for creation of a Joint Investment Portfolio. Any orders placed in this portfolio would get executed in the joint name (in the same combination) mentioned in the request form. Click here to download the Joint Investment Portfolio form.
- Direct debit from your Deutsche Bank account: Purchase units of mutual funds at a click of a button directly debiting your Deutsche Bank Savings / Current Account.
- Deutsche Bank approved mutual funds: Get the list of mutual funds approved based on a quantitative methodology developed by CRISIL.
- Investment Portfolio Analysis: Do a comprehensive analysis and simulation of your investment portfolio.
- Tracking and Monitoring: Easy to track and monitor your investments on a daily basis online.
Apply now for Mutual Funds
SMS MF to 561615
#Customers outside India need to dial +91 22 6601 6601. Customers in Mumbai can also call at +91 22 6601 6601. Call charges apply.
*Deutsche Bank AG, India (“Bank”) is only a distributor of third party investment products and not an advisor in offering the db WealthPro and any information contained in Bank’s brochure or other material and otherwise communicated by the Bank shall not be construed as investment advice. All decisions to purchase or sell units / securities / insurance policy shall be on the basis of the personal judgement of the customer arrived at after due consideration and, if so deemed fit by the customer consulting his / her / their own external investment / insurance consultant.
Note: Terms and conditions apply. All investments in mutual funds are subject to market risks and business risks and there is no assurance or guarantee that the objectives of the products will be achieved. Market value of investments can go up or down depending on the various factors and forces affecting the capital and money markets. Yield or a fund’s past performance should not be considered as an indication or guarantee of future yield or results. The Bank is only a distributor of the mutual funds and is not related in any manner whatsoever in the investment / management of monies in such mutual funds. Offer document, terms and conditions of issue and risk factors of such mutual funds should be read and understood carefully by the investor before making any investment decisions. The decision to make investments in mutual funds is entirely owned and controlled by the concerned investor and the Bank shall not be responsible or liable for any matter connected with such investments.