Tips to bank safely with Mobile Banking App
If you live your life on the move, mobile banking app is an ideal way to keep track of your finances. This convenient way to monitor and manage money is becoming increasingly popular.
We value the safety of your account and information and hereby provide you with simple tips on safe banking on your mobile phone or tablets.
Here are a few simple steps that can help you keep your money safe:
- Make sure your smartphone or tablet is always protected with a PIN. Do not reveal this PIN to anybody or write it or store it anywhere.
- Never leave your mobile phone unattended or stored in an insecure place.
- Do not use unsecured Wi-Fi networks for banking, purchases or checking your emails. Don’t use hotspot in a public place and instead use your 3G or 4G internet connection.
- Check your device’s security settings to ensure maximum protection. Keep your mobile's operating system and applications, including the browser, updated with the latest security patches and upgrades.
- Install an effective mobile anti-malware / anti-virus software on your smartphone and keep it updated.
- Be aware of shoulder surfers. Be extra careful while typing confidential information such as your account details and password on your mobile in public places.
- Do not download unwanted apps on your mobile. Download apps from official app stores such as Apple iTunes, Android Marketplace, Google Play Store and BlackBerry App World.
- Before downloading a new app, always check its reviews and ratings from other customers that have used the app.
- Never install an applications from unknown source. To safeguard against such inadvertent installation, make sure that the ability to install apps from unknown sources is turned off by default on your device.